Vīdl Tips For Keeping Your Healthy Lungs:
Your lungs provide oxygen and keep every other organ functioning by removing carbon dioxide from your body.
When your lung health is affected, it impacts the quality of everyday life.
- A cold or other respiratory infection can sometimes become very serious. There are several things you can do to protect yourself:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water. Alcohol-based cleaners are a good substitute (if you cannot wash them right away).
- Avoid large crowds during the cold and flu season, this helps to reduce the spread of infections.
- Practice good oral hygiene will also protect you from the germs in your mouth leading to infections.
- Brush your teeth at least twice daily and see your dentist at least every six months.
- Manage chronic conditions.
- Take your lungs for a walk: Exercise more frequently, which can help your lungs function properly.
- Strike a yoga pose: some studies suggest simple yoga with stretching and breathing may actually increase your lung function and exercise capacity.
- Breathe deeply: Doing deep-breathing exercises can improve your lungs efficiency, maintain healthy lungs, and help people with respiratory diseases learn to breathe better.
- Go smoke-free and avoid secondhand smoke or environmental irritants.
- Improve indoor air quality.
- Keep it clean: Dust mites, pet dander, and mold: If they’re lurking in your home, they can trigger allergies and asthma or worsen existing respiratory symptoms.
- Use tools like indoor air filters and reduce pollutants like artificial fragrances, mold, and dust.