Sophora flavescens known as Ku Shen, Ku Shen is a medicinal herb from China that appears to possess mostly anti-cancer properties.
Sophora Root is a bitter herb and has been used in Traditional Chinese medicine for over two thousand years to treat a variety of conditions including diarrhea, jaundice, and skin rashes, and to kill parasites.
In Traditional Chinese medicine Ku Shen is often used to treat acute bacterial dysentery, chronic ulcerative colitis, tonsillitis, cervicitis, pelvic inflammation, vaginitis, gonorrhea, insomnia, and asthma.
Sophora Root has anti-inflammatory, antiviral, antibiotic, anti-parasitic and also antioxidant properties.
- Helps to clear skin complexion and treats eczema, psoriasis, acne and rosacea.
- Boils, fungal infections, scabies caused by skin parasites (mites), skin lesions and genital itching.
- Sophora flavescens has shown anticancer effects in lab studies.
- Acts as a pain reducers.
- Protects the vascular system.
- Ku shen helps with blood flow and also blood pressure by relaxing vascular smooth muscle.
- Enhances liver function.
- Reduces oxidative stress.
- Also used to treat chronic hepatitis B and chronic hepatitis C.
Many herbalist and practitioners recommend bitter herbs because of its significant medicinal properties.
Sophora Root ranks as one of the best bitter herb for your body and skin. Sophora Root extract is one of the key ingredients in Remedy plus Sophora full-spectrum herbal extract tea.