Astragalus root is one of the most powerful immune-building plants on the planet. It is also known as Huang Qi, milkvetch or Radix astragali is most commonly known for its use in traditional Chinese medicine and has been used for centuries.(*1)
It has many purported health benefits, including immune-boosting, anti-aging and anti-inflammatory effects. Astragalus is believed to prolong life and used to treat a wide variety of ailments, such as fatigue, allergies and the common cold. It’s also used against heart disease, diabetes and other conditions. Astragalus root is an adaptogen used in ancient medicine as a remedy for a large number of conditions.
The most extensively researched benefits of astragalus are:
- Acts as an Anti-Inflammatory Inflammation is at the root of most diseases.
- Boosts the Immune System Laboratory studies suggest that astragalus stimulates the immune system. (*2) (*3)
- Slows or prevents the growth of tumors
- Protects the cardiovascular system
- Regulates and prevents diabetes and illnesses related to diabetes
- Contains antioxidative and anti-aging capabilities
- Aids in wound healing and minimizes scarring
- Alleviates symptoms of chemotherapy
- Treats colds and flu
- Provides supplemental therapy for chronic asthma